samedi 2 septembre 2017

Strawsicle





What is a strawsicle?
It's a frozen strawberry eaten as a popsicle. The idea came from an accident, I brought a pint of local strawberries to work and I had no time to eat them so before I left the office I placed the pint in the freezer. When back to work the next day I remembered I had the delicious strawberries in the freezer and brought them to my desk, my colleagues started asking what it was and told them frozen strawberries and I shared with them, it was an instant success so I decided to name them "strawsicle".
When back home, I inserted toothpicks in the middle of each strawberry and freeze overnight. It can be eaten "au naturel" but it becomes more special if you cover them with a dark chocolate ganache. The ganache will instantly set on the frozen fruit but don't forget to put them back to the freezer before serving.  Finally I decided to dip some strawberries in plain yogourt and then cover with the ganache which gave another twist to this simple idea!
The strawsicle looks so beautiful and it's a perfect summer dessert, easy and healthy.  I hope you will enjoy!


Bon appétit!














Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire